2012年9月10日星期一

Can I Read Your Hourglass Aura- The Hourglass Aura

Can I Read Your Hourglass Aura? The Hourglass Aura Collection for Spring 2011

Advertisement



hourglass aura collection spring 2011

Once upon a time, I had my aura read in a Las Vegas bathroom. I know it sounds a little pervy in a George Michael kinda way, but it was all good,Cheap NFL Jerseys, clean (if not totally random) fun.

I was in town for a wedding and went to the restroom to wash my hands before the reception dinner. There was a woman at the sink next to me, and she was intensely staring at my reflection in the mirror.

I smiled at her while preparing to jet, ’cause, you know, in the movies, nothing good ever happens when strangers stare at you in public bathrooms. And that’s when she said, “Your aura’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.”

Um…thank you?

Some people believe that each of us has an aura, a field of radiant,Louis Vuitton outlet, luminous color that surrounds us. These fields,Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes, which are invisible to all but a few gifted individuals who are able to perceive them, are unique combinations of colors, like pigmented fingerprints, and I can only imagine how beautiful they must look.

I got to chatting with the woman in the restroom, who as luck would have it turned out not to be a serial killer (BIG relief). She was a kind of mystic and insisted on giving me a quick reading right there at the sink. She described my aura as an unusually bright mix of beautiful yellow and orange.

How intriguing! Perhaps almost as intriguing as the Hourglass Aura Collection for lips and cheeks. :)

This spring the luxury indie line is introducing six new permanent products to improve your aura in a few quick clicks. For the record,Cheap Jerseys,Two Ways to Win a $50 eGift Card from Sephora!_11111, I’m pretty sure they’re referring to a different kind of aura than the one I heard about in the restroom, LOL!

Hourglass, a relatively new line known for their foundations and powders, loves elegant packaging,The Bronze Goddess Is Back- Estee Lauder Summer 2010, smooth textures and wearable colors. They remind me a lot of Becca.

Their products are on the expensive side, but the few I’ve tried perform well, especially the Extreme Sheen lipglosses, which I lurve.

Spring’s Aura Sheer Lip Stains ($26) and Aura Sheer Cheek Stains ($45) promise to boost your aura by gracing your lips and cheeks with lovely sheer washes of color.

These liquidy gel stains, with colors Hourglass interestingly describes as halfway between a stain and a tint (hmm!), come with convenient twist-up pens and sponge-tip applicators. They sound like good picks for busy days when I don’t want to bother with brushes.

Hourglass claims they based the concept on ’70s California fashion — easy, relaxed, subtle, ethereal, natural looking and transparent.

The lip stains are coming in three shades — deep berry Scarlet, pinkish coral Flush and pinkish beige Petal — dry to a semi-matte finish, while the cheek stains, which dry to a similar semi-matte finish,coach outlet online, are coming in the same Flush and Petal shades, as well as a third shade called Rouge (a rose).

hourglass aura collection lip stain
Aura Lip Stains from left: Petal and Scarlet. Not pictured: Flush.

hourglass aura collection cheek stain
Aura Cheek Stains from left: Petal and Rouge. Not pictured: Flush

All of the new products are supposed to layer well for when you want more punch from your colors.

They are expensive, for sure, and that’s no fun, but I’m curious. I wonder what my aura will think?

Look for them at Sephora (in stores and online) and Barneys New York this spring.

For more on Hourglass…

  • Have You Seen the Hourglass Extreme Sheen Holiday Set?
  • Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick: A Bullet I Could Bite
  • Hourglass Femme Rouge Swatches and the Secret of the Square Tip
  • It Would Be a Crime to Keep Hourglass Film Noir Mascara Away from Your Fringe
  • Hourglass Is Warming Up To Summer
  • Hourglass Thinks It��s Time for Prodigy Lipgloss
I really need to stop watching food shows before bed…

I know I’m many years late to this party, but I’ve just started watching Top Chef, and now I’m totally hooked.

I’m working (and eating) my way through the Las Vegas season, watching episodes on my laptop in bed. Consequently, I’ve been waking up a lot hungrier than usual. :)

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. Since we were talking about George up at the top of this post, remember this?

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论