2012年8月23日星期四

MAC Cult of Cherry- T-Minus Two Weeks and Counting

MAC Cult of Cherry: T-Minus Two Weeks and Counting

Advertisement




Here’s a brief peak at some of the products from MAC’s upcoming Cult of Cherry collection. I haven’t been this excited about a MAC collection since … well, since the last MAC collection.

What makes Cult of Cherry noteworthy? For me it’s the rich reds, dark plums and chocolate browns. The collection includes nine lipsticks (four Mattenes), two blushes, five Lipglasses, three eye shadow quads, two nail polishes and Zoom Lash mascara (also part of MAC’s permanent collection).

Tempting Quad

What do you think of Tempting Quad? It houses four shadows for $36.

  • Next to Nothing: A pinky beige shimmer shadow; on me it shows up more pink.
  • Tempting: OMG. Where has this rich, shimmery golden brown been all my life? It just melts into my skin. What a fabulous crease shade.
  • Dark Edge: A sheer, deep chocolate brown semi-matte that’s a bit on the cool side. I really like this in the outer V.
  • Sharp: This shimmery green-gold shade turned out to be a nice surprise. In the pan it looked a little garish, but I like the way it looks on my lids.

On this eye that’s Next to Nothing on my brow bone, Tempting in the crease, Sharp on the lid and Dark Edge in the Outer V. I have a feeling there are endless ways to wear this quad. It’s lurve, ladies!





Plum Du Bois Blush


Plum Du Bois blush ($17.50), a deep pinky bronze with shimmery gold, looks dark in the pan but applies pretty sheer for a blush.

Creme Cerise


Creme Cerise lipstick ($14), a shimmery yellow-taupe, looks almost tan on my lips. I like the lustre formula (thin and shiny), which feels light and moisturizing. It’s pretty, but I felt compelled to put something on top of it to jazz it up. It’ll be a shade I reach for on my way to work or when I need to look responsible.

Jampacked Lipglass


While it looks more pink in this picture, it’s actually a deep purple ($14) and has just the right touch of golden shimmer. I thought it would be too goth chick for me and difficult to apply, but it’s not at all. It makes my lips look stained, like I’ve be been snacking on dark bing cherries all day long.

I’m settling down for the night on the couch in front of the tube, waiting for America’s Best Dance Crew to start. Tabs is here with me. He says hi. We’re both rooting for Fanny Pack. :)

Have a great night.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论