2012年8月23日星期四

Retro Roundup- One Year Ago on Makeup and Beauty Blog_1

Retro Roundup: One Year Ago on Makeup and Beauty Blog

Advertisement



121809-one-year-ago-on-makeup-and-beauty-blog

YES! Friday, at last. :) What a challenging week, ladies, but it’s winding down.

Did you do anything fun last night? I can’t remember what I did… I think there was some chasing involved — Tabs chasing. My new thing is walking around the house, saying “Gravy,” which is his new nickname. He’s a fiend for gravy — tuna in gravy, seafood feast in gravy, salmon in gravy.

To start our Friday, here’s a quick look back at some of the things we were talking about on the blog this time last year. :)

  • How to Cover Up Dark Circles for a Wedding, Prom or Party with MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer: I suffered through a really bad bought of insomnia a few weeks ago, and my dark circles were extra terrible. My regular concealer, MAC Select Moisturecover, just wasn��t gettin�� it done. My friend Jen��s wedding was right around the corner, and I didn��t want to show up looking like death warmed over. I needed serious coverage, and I needed it fast.
  • MAC Makeup for Work: Club and Woodwinked Eyeshadows: I’m sporting two of my very first MAC eyeshadow purchases, Club and Woodwinked (both part of the permanent collection). I could write sonnets on both of these colors, as they��ve seen me through a lot over the past few years. Club, a shimmery duochorome, flashes from green to brown, and Woodwinked is a warm, shimmery gold. Today I paired ��em for this easy, breezy, work-friendly daytime eye.
  • 5 Plum Posts: An Ode to Purple Makeup: Stila Convertible Eye Color in Violet made quick work of this smokey purple eye. The Violet shade��s pencil is a shimmery, dark plum; the coordinating shadow is a shimmery lavender.
  • A Smokey Eye Tutorial with MAC Cosmetics Metal Urge Gilded Ash Cream Shadow and Cocomotion Pigment: I don��t know if I��ll ever tire of doing smokey eyes. There are just so many different ways to work the look, like this spin on a daytime eye for work. It��s a method I learned from my favorite MAC artist, Jen, using products from the MAC Metal Urge and Red She Said collections.
  • Japanese Beauty Product or After-School Snack? Put on yo�� thinking cap and try to guess what this mystery product is!
  • With Pop Beauty Cat Eyes Liners It��s Good to Be Catty: OBSESSION ALERT! Pop Beauty Cat Eyes Liners ($16) make applying eyeliner easy and, well, kinda fun.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论